cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ankur_raj
Level: Powered On

Could not retrieve values. File size above allowed value

I am trying to use the email to excel flow and running into the error message "Could not retrieve values. File size above allowed value. File size:15944460, AllowedFileSize (in Bytes): 2000000" while connecting excel with the email. My outlook folder is outside the Inbox folder and is getting recognized. In the excel I have created a blank table with header and 100000 rows. Excel file size is 8 kb and file type is xlsx. Not sure why I am getting this error message.

Thanks & Regards,

Ankur

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ankur_raj

Re: Could not retrieve values. File size above allowed value

Thank You Mable for your response. I was able to resolve the issue as I found that once I created a table in the excel file due to some reason it became a 15MB file. After multiple tries finally I was able to get it right. The folder structure I have created is similar to the case 2 you have highlight below, this is to help with a large number of automated emails I get everyday. That way these emails sit in their own folder and I don't get a false unread count on my inbox folder.

Thanks & Regards,

Ankur

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Hi @ankur_raj,

Can you please explain what you are trying to acheive? Also a screenshot of your flow will be helpful.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Ankur,

To reproduce this issue, please provide information about:
1. How is your flow configured?
2. You said that “My outlook folder is outside the Inbox folder and is getting recognized.” What do you mean by “outside the inbox folder”? Is it a practice to keep subfolders in their own hierarchy outside of the Inbox? Such as Case 2.

case1 2.PNG

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ankur_raj

Thank You Mable for your response. I was able to resolve the issue as I found that once I created a table in the excel file due to some reason it became a 15MB file. After multiple tries finally I was able to get it right. The folder structure I have created is similar to the case 2 you have highlight below, this is to help with a large number of automated emails I get everyday. That way these emails sit in their own folder and I don't get a false unread count on my inbox folder.

Thanks & Regards,

Ankur

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Ankur,

I am glad to hear that you were able to get it right. If you have other issues when you working with Microsoft flow, please feel free submit on Flow Forum.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,573)