cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VeeLearnMSFT
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Countdown Timer Between now and July 1,2021

Is there a way to create a daily countdown timer that will be fired each morning to a set of individuals.  It will be a count down timer, in days, from now until July 1, 2021.  So today would be 169 days for example tomorrow it will be 168...etc...is there a way to do this.

Thank you Power Community.

Best Holiday Wishes!

3 REPLIES 3
leo85
Super User
Super User

You can send them an email with a scheduled flow which runs every day.

You can use expressions to calculate the number of days until July 1. Do you mean 2021 or 2022? 😉

You can use the following formula:

div(sub(ticks('2022-07-01T00:00:00Z'),ticks(utcNow())),864000000000)

Ticks gives you the number of nanoseconds since Jan 01 1970.

You subtract the ticks until July 1 from the ticks of today and then devide by the number of nanoseconds in a day.

I love it! One more thing is there a way to format the text so its larger and prettier?

VeeLearnMSFT_0-1639758556174.png

leo85
Super User
Super User

Yes. You can set the text of the body to be HTML. So you can do any kind of web formatting with HTML. For example you can make the text bold with font size 20 like this.

<font size="20"><b>[The formula goes here]</b></font> Left until Jerry retires. Let's stay positive.

Do you need to use the Email connector?

If you use the Outlook connector, you have a WYSIWYG editor directly within the action.

leo85_0-1639759766502.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution.
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,329)