cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HParker
Regular Visitor

Create Approval Flow to Update Status if Task is Rejected Using Plan ID & Assignment

Hi everyone - 

Not sure if anyone's run into this before but for simplicity I'd like to modify an existing template to allow me to set up specific approval flows by not only plan but bucket and assignment. Essentially my team has 4 plans with multiple bucks and 3 different approval levels based on task.

I'd like to set up specific flows that would path approvals to different users based on plan, bucket, and assignment. I got part way down a path based on another response but then realized that I had forgotten a key piece which is the assigned user (also, what is a user's ID for Teams/Planner. Is it simply their co. email?)

So in the flow below, my ideal would be that when a task was completed by User 1 is completed within Plan A, Buckets A, B, C, etc. then User 2 & 3 are notified of an approval request for review.  The 3 triggers: Plan, Assigned To, and Bucket should give me the flexibility to set up the rules I need so the right individuals receive the right QA requests.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Capture.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Create Approval Flow to Update Status if Task is Rejected Using Plan ID & Assignment

@HParker 

In the assignedTo filed you can specify the user's email whom you want the request to be assigned to so that he can take action on that request.

Let's consider that user1 is a user in the organization and his manager is manager1.

Now when the user1 creates approval request it has to be sent to manager1 for review and action.

So in the flow approval request on the assignedTo field you will specify manager1 email address so that request will be assigned to him.

You can use the action GetManager in flow to retrieve manager details of a specific user.

User ID in teams and planner refers to user email address.

If this information helps you, please hit the like button and mark the solution as resolved, so that it will help other users in future.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,508)