cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keepitsimple
Frequent Visitor

Create Event (V4) is using owner's connection instead of run only user

Hello,

I have created a flow which creates an event on a shared calendar from the details on a SharePoint list. This flow could be triggered by anyone from the team to create an event on the shared calendar.

To test the flow, I shared this flow with my team member as a run-only user.

However, when this person runs the flow the event gets created on the calendar, however it gets created by my name as the organizer. I want the organizer to the be the person who has triggered the flow.

What am I missing here? Can someone please help me?

Thanks

@PowerAutomate  @createevent @run-onlyuser

5 REPLIES 5
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@keepitsimple  when you add run by user you need to select connection as provided by run only user.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Accept as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Hello @Hardesh15 

Yes, that was already selected. And it was still using my connection. This is why I am forced to raise this issue on this forum. I could not find any other option or solution for this.

@keepitsimple  In that case you need to capture Calendar ID then try it.

Use get calendars action and then use condition inside apply to each. In condition compare your calendar name then in yes block capture calendar ID then use this calendar id in create event.

Hardesh15_0-1656064028212.png

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Accept as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

@Hardesh15 it is what I am already doing. Without using the Get Calendars, it was ending up in failure when the shared user was executing it. So i found on this forum that Get Calendars need to be used in case of a shared calendar. This is what i have. The flow runs successfully, however the event still gets created with me as the organizer. I have also deleted all connections from this flow, however it still works with my connection.

keepitsimple_0-1656078261504.png

keepitsimple_1-1656078317944.png

@keepitsimple  I have tested this and it is working fine. Do not know what is your issue 

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (1,166)