cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Damo_R
Level: Powered On

Create Flow action to notify based on a time off request

So i am pretty new to flow but managing with the more mainstream connectors fairly well and learning everyday, i am however struggling with Staffhub 

I am trying to put a flow together that will email a designated address upon the approval of a time off request with a specific type such as Annual Leave, 

i can get it to detect the approval --> look for "set term" and get request and user details, but then when i use a condition to = yes and send mail to an email address i can the email for all types of requests and all users. It appears the condition although = no is still getting through. 

Any clues, hints or tips for me? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Damo_R

Re: Create Flow action to notify based on a time off request

Hi @v-xida-msft

thank you for taking the time to reply. i spent several hours going through this yesterday and eventually discovered what was happening. 

i was using an apply to each container which was taking the time off reasons array and/or the team members array and applying my criteria to each member or reason. Once i removed this, and implemented a condition to equal my required time off reason it worked like a charm.... 

the simplest things are often the most diffcult too understand!! well in my case anyway 😉

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Damo_R,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow’s configuration?

Please check if the formula is calculated correctly in your Condition box.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Damo_R

Hi @v-xida-msft

thank you for taking the time to reply. i spent several hours going through this yesterday and eventually discovered what was happening. 

i was using an apply to each container which was taking the time off reasons array and/or the team members array and applying my criteria to each member or reason. Once i removed this, and implemented a condition to equal my required time off reason it worked like a charm.... 

the simplest things are often the most diffcult too understand!! well in my case anyway 😉

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,538)