cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yiwen126
Helper I
Helper I

Create Flow by Excel that has a start date 2 days prior

How do I create a tasks using Power Automate flow based on a start date from excel 2 days prior?  For example, if my task start date is 10/5 and I would like to tasks created automatically created on 10/3 from an Excel file.  

3 REPLIES 3
annajhaveri
Community Champion
Community Champion

@yiwen126  you can create a scheduled flow, get rows from excel using "List rows present in a table" action with filter query on date column to get rows where date from excel is equal to today's date + 2 days. Then create tasks for those items returned by List rows action. 

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Anna,

I'm sorry, but do you have a sample?  When I select create a scheduled flow and use Excel as my connector the only option that appears is "For a selected row".  

@yiwen126 For a selected row is the trigger, your trigger for scheduled flow will be Recurrence, then click add new step and add List rows action as shown in below screenshot

annajhaveri_0-1664430867839.png

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,105)