cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create Group > Assign Owner

I'm trying to create a flow that creates an Office 365 Group, then makes a specific person the owner of that Group so they can add other members manually. Any ideas? Creating a group works great using the Azure AD Create Group action but then only admins can edit the membership of this new group, defeating the purpose of automating it in the first place.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a somewhat-answer for myself here. It looks like the Group created by the flow assigns the connector account as the Group owner when created. Going to have the intended user plug their credentials in today and give it a test. Hopefully they don't run into any permission errors (they're an end user and I'm a global admin) - but I'm pretty sure regular users can create O365 Groups as long as that permission hasn't been locked down.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would love to see the Azure AD connector updated to allow us to Add or Remove Group owners.

Agreed!  This was talked about at Ignite 2017 and the solution path was to create an Azure Function to do this...however the Connector and Action would make this much easier.  

Bummer, I am looking for the ability to change the owner of the group as well. It is easy to add members to the group since there is a connector for that. I wonder why there is no connector for the owner as well.

send2mark
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

It has been a while since this discussion started. Has anyone seen an update on how we can do this?

LucasXavierABI

Hello guys,

It would be very helpful to have an "Add Group owner" Action in the Azure AD Connector. Anyone know if we have any updates about this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,717)