cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Create Group > Assign Owner

I'm trying to create a flow that creates an Office 365 Group, then makes a specific person the owner of that Group so they can add other members manually. Any ideas? Creating a group works great using the Azure AD Create Group action but then only admins can edit the membership of this new group, defeating the purpose of automating it in the first place.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Create Group > Assign Owner

I have a somewhat-answer for myself here. It looks like the Group created by the flow assigns the connector account as the Group owner when created. Going to have the intended user plug their credentials in today and give it a test. Hopefully they don't run into any permission errors (they're an end user and I'm a global admin) - but I'm pretty sure regular users can create O365 Groups as long as that permission hasn't been locked down.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Would love to see the Azure AD connector updated to allow us to Add or Remove Group owners.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Agreed!  This was talked about at Ignite 2017 and the solution path was to create an Azure Function to do this...however the Connector and Action would make this much easier.  

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Bummer, I am looking for the ability to change the owner of the group as well. It is easy to add members to the group since there is a connector for that. I wonder why there is no connector for the owner as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,089)