cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ersula82
Helper III
Helper III

Create HTML and format the table in an email

I created a successful flow that reads data from an excel worksheet, creates an HTML table and outputs it into an email with options for the user. Everything is great except the html table comes out ugly and unformatted. The data is there but their are two columns that doesn't come from my data. Also, one of my columns is a date of birth field and the date comes out as a number instead of a date format.

Is there anyway to get rid of the columns that don't belong and format my date of birth column?

Please HELP!

snip.pngsnip1.pngsnip2.pngsnip4.pngsnip5.pngsnip6.pngsnip7.pngsnip8.pngsnip9.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ ersula82,

I have made a test on my side, the date comes out as a number instead of a date format is confirmed on my side.

If you would like the the date comes out as a date format instead of a number,I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

In addition if you would like the Html table only have columns that you want, you could add a "select" action before the "Create html table" action to achieve your needs.

You could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Note:

You could add the expression of columns you need in the "Select".

The expression of the Student Number in "Select" as below:

item()?['Student Number']

The expression of the Last Name in "Select" as below:

item()?['Last Name']

The expression of the First Name in "Select" as below:

item()?['First Name']

The expression of the DOB in "Select" as below:

item()?['DOB']

The flow would run successfully as below to create the html table with columns you need:

Capture.PNG

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ ersula82,

I have made a test on my side, the date comes out as a number instead of a date format is confirmed on my side.

If you would like the the date comes out as a date format instead of a number,I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

In addition if you would like the Html table only have columns that you want, you could add a "select" action before the "Create html table" action to achieve your needs.

You could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Note:

You could add the expression of columns you need in the "Select".

The expression of the Student Number in "Select" as below:

item()?['Student Number']

The expression of the Last Name in "Select" as below:

item()?['Last Name']

The expression of the First Name in "Select" as below:

item()?['First Name']

The expression of the DOB in "Select" as below:

item()?['DOB']

The flow would run successfully as below to create the html table with columns you need:

Capture.PNG

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

This worked! Thank you very much!

HarshavardhanG
Helper I
Helper I

I have tried all the above solutions, but can't seem to get it working.

I have raised a new post here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Format-timestamp-from-Excel-Online-to-send-mails/... 

Can someone please guide me?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,393)