cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
batman12

Create a Simple Database

I have created a flow where I upload an excel file and it goes through a script. I combine these files every day. So how do I create this automated flow? I want to upload files to a certain folder where they will automatically get added to another excel sheet in SharePoint. How should I proceed with? I did the following and I'm lost after that. Each excel file contain around 5000 rows, but the columns are always the same with different data on different dates on row.

batman12_0-1638880158997.png

4 REPLIES 4
jedunn
Microsoft
Microsoft

@batman12, Take a look at this sample --> Combine workbooks into a single workbook - Office Scripts | Microsoft Docs. If you follow this composition you will need to create two Office Scripts in Excel. The first will extract the values from the uploaded workbook. The second will write those values to your central workbook. 

batman12

Thank you for your response. I think this copies the entire worksheet. What I wanted to do is copy data on one sheet. I did this through a power query, where we need to press the refresh button and it take some time. Was wondering if there's a way to put all data in one sheet. I did run what was on the link you mentioned. It didn't bring results but only the below screenshot.

batman12_0-1638951833644.png

batman12_1-1638951855885.png

Only the sheet name, no data in this.

jedunn
Microsoft
Microsoft

Yeah, the sample describes copying all worksheets the data from their used ranges into an array that is passed from the script to the flow and then ingested into the new workbook. If your source workbook had 'blank sheets' the results will be blank. Also if there is some name mismatch in your code or in your flow dynamic values the resulting script will either error out or return blank. Can you debug your scripts with console.log() statements to see if the right content is being returned?

jedunn
Microsoft
Microsoft

@batman12 If you share your 2 scripts in this post, perhaps I can help troubleshoot.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (3,406)