cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sylv1
Helper I
Helper I

Create a Team from existing Microsoft 365 group / Link a new Team to an Existing Microsoft 365 group

Hello community. 

I would like to automate the Teams creation with a PowerApps form and a Power Automate flow. 
I manage to create a private or Public Team ... but i cannot see option to create a Teams for an existing Microsoft 365 group (same as the following option in Teams : )

Sylv1_1-1627485621741.png

Is it possible to do so or to link a Teams to a group (i see no available option in Office 365 Groups connector either) ?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
manuelstgomes
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sylv1 

Yes, it's possible, but with a bit of extra work.

There are some steps to describe here, but I wrote an article with the things you have to do to create it automatically.

https://manueltgomes.com/microsoft/teams/create-a-team-automatically-with-approvals/

To add it to an existing group, replace the creation part of the Flow that creates the group.

Cheers

Manuel

------------------------------------------------------------------

If I have answered your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution." It will help other members finding the solution faster. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ?

Otherwise, reply to it, and the community will do its best to help you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
manuelstgomes
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sylv1 

Yes, it's possible, but with a bit of extra work.

There are some steps to describe here, but I wrote an article with the things you have to do to create it automatically.

https://manueltgomes.com/microsoft/teams/create-a-team-automatically-with-approvals/

To add it to an existing group, replace the creation part of the Flow that creates the group.

Cheers

Manuel

------------------------------------------------------------------

If I have answered your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution." It will help other members finding the solution faster. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ?

Otherwise, reply to it, and the community will do its best to help you.

View solution in original post

Thanks a lot @manuelstgomes  🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,258)