cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jainmilan02
Level: Powered On

Create an Approval (V2) related Error

When I try to use action "Create an Approval (V2)" from Microsoft Flow.

It gives me error "This connector action is not supported by your current version of the Common Data Service. Please upgrade to the latest version of the Common Data Service to use this connector action."

Or may be someone can tell me how to achieve task, when I need only 2 Approval out of 3, how can i do this in Flow. when 2 person (out of 3) approve then flow should go ahead and do the next action from the flow.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create an Approval (V2) related Error

Hi @jainmilan02 ,

Please follow the error message to upgrade Common Data Service to the latest version, then configure Create an Approval (V2) action again.

In addition, you could also consider directly configuring Start and wait for an approval (V2) action. The usage of this action is similar to the usage of the previous Start an approval action.

Please take a try.

In addition, regarding the "only 2 Approval out of 3" that you mentioned, the existing Approval type is Everyone must approve/First to respond, and does not have the feature of implementing the scenario you mentioned.

If you want such a feature to be supported by MS Flow, you could post your idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

You need to have the P1 license for Flow to use the Create an Approval (V2) action. If you are using the free or Office 365 version of Flow it won't work. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jainmilan02 ,

Please follow the error message to upgrade Common Data Service to the latest version, then configure Create an Approval (V2) action again.

In addition, you could also consider directly configuring Start and wait for an approval (V2) action. The usage of this action is similar to the usage of the previous Start an approval action.

Please take a try.

In addition, regarding the "only 2 Approval out of 3" that you mentioned, the existing Approval type is Everyone must approve/First to respond, and does not have the feature of implementing the scenario you mentioned.

If you want such a feature to be supported by MS Flow, you could post your idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Super User
Super User

You need to have the P1 license for Flow to use the Create an Approval (V2) action. If you are using the free or Office 365 version of Flow it won't work. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,654)