Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MagnusGöransson
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Create an annual plan using Flow? Any ideas

Hello,

I am testing a bit around annual plan automation using Flow and Forms Pro.

As a background, my customer have a yearly calendar with tasks that executives need to carry out during different months through out the year. For example, in january they should book a meeting with all individuals that report to them. In other months there are other tasks to complete.

The problem is the follow up on all tasks. They would like to automate as much as possible so that its easy to find out which tasks has been completed and which one that are left behind.

My ideas so far:

1. Create a sharepoint list that includes the annual calendar including start date, end date, task type, links to steering documents etc

2. Let the Flow run once a day and look for start dates that matches Now().

3. When the Flow makes a hit on the date it creates Planner Tasks and assign to each executive.

4. Another Flow checks for tasks not completed in time and sends reminders.

Anyone who has done something like this?

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

That is exactly how I would recommend doing it. Do you have any specific questions about any of the steps?

Right now the one thing that will cause you the most trouble is checking the date against Now().  DateTime columns in SharePoint always include both a date and a time, even when they are set to only display the date.  So when comparing to Now() it tries to match both the Date and the Time and therefore usually returns false. To get around this cast both the column and the Now() using formatDateTime() to a date only format that is the same.  Then compare the strings.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hello Paul,

Thanks. Yeah, I have been messing around with that before. I think i have made a "larger than" and "smaller than" comparison but I may be wrong.

I will keep this thread open and post my findings here during the development.

Right now I am messing with "get group members" to find all executives and then find all that the executives report to. Takes a while just to test when there is a lot of users. 

I agree its going to be a pretty complex Flow.  The greater than and less than should also since it uses a range that includes the time and date.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,678)