cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syhrh
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Create new leave type based on requirements

Hi, I'm developing a Leave Application System on a SharePoint site. In it, I use Power Apps to customize the forms and use flows to update leave balance for example. One of the system's requirements is HR can create new leave types. This means that there is Annual Leave, Emergency Leave etc, then if HR decides to add a new one like Compassionate Leave, they can do that. The problem is I manually input/calculate for every leave type in the Power Automate. The expressions/formula, all I do by myself. So how to satisfy that requirement? Can anyone please enlighten me if there's a way?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@syhrh  You can achieve such requirement via flow. Please explain your requirement in detail. i will guide you for this.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Accept as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

@Hardesh15 the requirement is this, "A new leave type can be created if the current leave types are not enough."

I really can do that?

anonymous21_1-1656981467406.png

This is one of the examples of many flows where I manually input the leave type and calculate the column. So what to do if HR decides to add a new leave type? 

@syhrh  Have you tried calculated column for such calculation. You can use condition in calculated column which will be based on Leave types.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Accept as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

@Hardesh15 The current columns in the list are not calculated ones. Isn't the calculation in Power Automate and in the calculated column different? If I change it into calculated columns now, it will mess up my flow right now as I have some working in progress and done already.

@syhrh  Calculated columns are easy to handle as excel formula. In case of flow you need to Share PA license with HR and they may not well verse with expression n all.

It is not just input value you are also using calculation along with it so you have to modified your flow every time new requirement come.

Also i am hoping that total leaves for each category is varying.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

@Hardesh15 "It is not just input value you are also using calculation along with it so you have to modified your flow every time new requirement come". Is this the solution?

what do you mean by, "total leaves for each category is varying"?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (7,223)