cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leo_Chui
Regular Visitor

Create new planner task when user fills out Microsoft Form

Hello all, I created an onboarding form for my organization.  My boss wants me to create a flow that whenever he fills out an onboarding form, specific tasks are then assigned to individuals based on the onboarding answers.

So for instance, on the onboarding form, if the new employee needs a corporate card, he fills out the information and a task within planner and Microsoft Teams gets created for the finance department.  All the information from within the onboarding form regarding the corporate card will be in there for the finance team to start working on creating a corporate card for the new employee without seeing any of the other information that was filled out on the onboarding form.

But at the same time, my boss wants to fill out the onboarding form only once and create multiple tasks like what I described above.

I was using this template: https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/f06e6f8fbd3e49d5984858b3b54709b2/crea...

However, this only creates a single task based on the entire form that is filled out.  Can anyone guide me on how I can break up the form into numerous tasks simultaneously?

Please let me know if you need me to elaborate.  I know what I want may seem unclear.  Thank you very much for your time and help.

2 REPLIES 2
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Leo_Chui ,

You could consider adding additional branches, then assigning tasks to other departments, and configuring the same content in another branch as the previous branch, but it is indeed assigned to other different teams.

Image reference:

79.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Bacao,

Thank you for the response.

Yes, that is exactly what I wanted and was able to create numerous tasks, but how do I also extract the data from the onboarding form into the task itself?

So going by my above example, how do I create a task for the finance team with all the corporate card information extracted from the onboarding form?

The "create a task" flow doesn't seem to have an option to actually edit the specific task, does this need to be done manually?  Thank you again very much for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,167)