cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Create outlook calendar event from Forms data

I'm trying to make it so that people can select a date then from a "choice" question select a time slot.

For example in the excel doc it comes out like this:

Date: 4/6/2020

Time: 10:30 - 11:00

The time is 1 string so need to separate it into a start time and end time but this is a string and even if I have them select a start and end time in separate questions it is still a string so can't be used for the start and end time when creating the event.

So I'm looking for help with how to convert "10:30 - 11:00" to a start and end time in the correct format.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: Create outlook calendar event from Forms data

@henrywalker 

Here is the flow:

2.JPG

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@henrywalker 

Try using Compose action and place an expression with functions substring and IndexOf to get start time and end time.

If you want to have the complete flow, MS already provided a template which you can use directly:

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/152bc30dde0442db8f12fafee8439ed7/crea...

You may need to change your format and the flow created from above template to meet your requirements.

This will avoid working from scratch to build something which already exists. 

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Below is the error message that it comes back with. As well as showing that it has the [" "] in there as well.

error.png

This is the form that is being used to create the data:

form.png

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I am using that template already but I would still have the problem that the start and end time is in string format not DateTime.

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@henrywalker 

Here is the flow:

2.JPG

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,262)