cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create section in a Notebook failing: The specified resource ID does not exist.

I am using a Flow to create a section in an existing OneNote Notebook that is in a SharePoint library. The Flow was working but is not any more and failing with the message "The specified resource ID does not exist."

When my Flow is in edit mode, I can peek code and I see that there's a queries section showing the notebookKey which looks like this: 

"notebookKey": "My Notebook Name|$|https://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/Dev/Notebooks/My Notebook Name

The notebook name is correct (it was selected from the dropdown in the action) and when I navigate to the URL shown after |$| it opens my notebook correctly

Is there anything I can do from here to get the notebook again?

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Create section in a Notebook failing: The specified resource ID does not exist.

Hi @Anonymous 

I made a small test in my environemnt and the flow to create a section in a notebook using the one note is working fine. I am unable to reporodcue the error so it would be great if you could share a screenshot of the flow and the error message. 

Can you confirm that the notebook has not been moved to any other directory? Also, can you edit the flow and remove the current selection from the one note connector and reselect the notebook and check if you continue to face the same issue?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Create section in a Notebook failing: The specified resource ID does not exist.

Thank you very much for the response. The problem started when a copy of the Notebook (which is in a SharePoint library) was created in a different library on the same site. I assumed there was a matching key on the copy which was causing the error but when the copy was deleted, the Flow was still failing

At the end of the day yesterday, I deleted the action to create sections and replaced them and reselected the original Notbeook. That did not work initially but when I came back this morning to retest it was working as expected. Maybe something needed to refresh/resest within the Notebook or the connection between Flow and the key?

As a follow up, do you  know if creating a Notebook copy to a different SharePoint location is a known issue with this action? Is there any way to create a copy in a different SharePoint location without causing problems?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

That might have been a caching issue. Sometimes such issues occur due to caching in browser/ connector etc and the best way to instantly resolve is close all browser sessions and start a fresh browser, login again and continue with the flow. 

Regarding copying the one note notebook, can you please share how you are copying it? I did it manually and it worked fine for me. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,185)