cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create separate Calendar invites

I have created a form for colleagues to attend training courses.  The MS Form has the name of the course and a date picker.  On the form there are multiple courses and people can choose to attend more than one course.

The flow records the responses in a SPO list.  I want to send a calendar invite for each course the person wishes to attend.  How do I configure the flow to record each date individually in the list.  If a colleague for example fills in the form and selects two courses to attend.  At the moment the flow saves the form data as a single line.

2020-02-18_11-10-46.png

9 REPLIES 9
DeepakS
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

As Form will respond to one JSON string, you should create a custom array for each course and use that array to create a new list item.
Here is an example:
My Form has the following fields: Number, Type1, Type 2, Type3, and I would like to create an item for each different Type user will select.

Field to array.png 

Hi @Anonymous

Let me know if this works for you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @DeepakS 

Thank you for your help. I think I am nearly there, arrays are new to me. I have created an array like your screenshot but I am getting this error 

String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.\r\nclientRequestId: 69f62d1b-1f1e-4d3c-87d2-cf774a3c8740\r\nserviceRequestId: 69f62d1b-1f1e-4d3c-87d2-cf774a3c8740"
}

The output looks like this

445AAF85-A485-490B-A80E-7EA0E5C3292C.jpeg

The SPO List is a date time column I suspect that this is a mismatch, how do I resolve this?

Hi @Anonymous 

Yes to save date in SharePoint you need to format the date , use following expression to format the date value that you getting form FORM:

formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')['Date'],'yyyy-MM-dd')

If still does not work share a screen capture of power automate.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

My form design has changed now so I will check back with you later 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeepakS 

I am still getting errors, I must be missing something

1.png2.png

fomatdatetime =  

formatDateTime(outputs('Compose'),'yyyy-MM-dd')

I get this error
3.png

I tried your suggestion of formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')['Date'],'yyyy-MM-dd')

but I get

The template validation failed: 'The repetition action(s) 'Apply_to_each' referenced by 'inputs' in action 'Create_item' are not defined in the template.'.

Hi @Anonymous,
Loop name in your power automate is Apply to each 2 so replace Apply_to_each with Apply_to_each_2.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @DeepakS 

Same error, I renamed my loop and remove the _2

Screenshot 2020-02-23 at 11.11.15.png

Hi @Anonymous,

you don’t need to pass the Date column as if I am not wrong in your array you just have dates.
So use the current item, I think similar to what you using in you compose action.
Items(Apply_to_each)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (4,694)