cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnonyMouse
Level: Powered On

Created != Modified for new item created having attachments

I have created a flow using the trigger for sharepoint which runs when item is created or modified. In order to differentiate between created and modified item, i use the condition if Created=Modified. If it is a new item, I send a particular email, if it is a modified item, i send another email. This works fine if there are no attachments. But incase, there are attachments to an item that I create, then Created and Modified are not the same. Sometimes multiple emails are triggered when attachments are added. I found that this is beacuse there are few seconds difference in Created and Modified when attachments are added. 

How can I resolve this issue? This is a bug as there shouldn't be a difference even in seconds between Created and Modified if attachments are added.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Created != Modified for new item created having attachments

Hi @AnonyMouse,

I can reproduce this issue on my side. When an item with an attachment is created, the Created time and the Modified time are not equal with one second difference.

I will help reproduce this issue on my side and back to you later once I got any updates.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AnonyMouse

Hi Mabel,

It need not be one second difference. For example, if you attach maybe 6 files, each of 10 mb, the difference in seconds will vary.

Also I tried to see if I can use the template "When item is modified send an email", but that triggers even for new items - which again is another bug

Highlighted
shanebekker

Did MS ever fix this?

abd3127
Level 8

Is a fix available on this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,988)