Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abdu
Level: Powered On

Created by showing with the approval

Hi,

i've created Approval in Flow,  

when someone created anitem in Sharepoint and goes to the approver 

my name showing as created by " but i'm not the item creater i'm the onwer of the flow only

how i can take out my name from here!? 

thanks

Creaedby.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Created by showing with the approval

Hi @Abdu ,

Created by in Approval email shows the user who created the approval, which is the owner of the flow.

Unfortunately, this part is currently unremovable. If you want such a feature to be supported, please consider voting for a similar idea below:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Change-the-Requester-for-approvals/idi-p/161511

In addition, you could also edit the details of Requestor and the specific information of Approval request in Details field, which can give Approver more guidance.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Abdu ,

Created by in Approval email shows the user who created the approval, which is the owner of the flow.

Unfortunately, this part is currently unremovable. If you want such a feature to be supported, please consider voting for a similar idea below:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Change-the-Requester-for-approvals/idi-p/161511

In addition, you could also edit the details of Requestor and the specific information of Approval request in Details field, which can give Approver more guidance.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

DMcD
Level: Power Up

This is not true in my case. I am not the owner, nor do I have owner rights to the flow I am working on.  The flow is created through MS Teams, and I am a member of the team. However, the Flow owners are the director and the MS Team. Connections are through the director's connections and not mine; however, the "created by" continues to show my name. 

This line is unnecessary and causes significant confusion in the approval flow.

Any suggestions on how to remove it? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,801)