cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Creating a flow that moves an item to another list

I have two list and one called companycontracts (this list consists of all the completed contract numbers that company has worked on) and then ActiveContracts (this list consists on contracts that are still ongoing).  Within the activecontracts list when an contract number has been completed = 1 (there a choice field called completed and when a user clicks on 0 then it means its ongoing and when a user clicks on1 then it means it completed) I to create a flow that will transfer that contract number and it's details to the companycontracts list.  I know this is an automated flow but after that I'm not quite sure where to go from there. 

4 REPLIES 4
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@SandraAkujobi 

Hey Mate, 

You can just create a two setup Flow and include the Trigger condition.

CFernandes_0-1602493923580.png

Trigger Condition.

@equals(triggerOutputs()?['body/Choice/Value'],'1')

CFernandes_3-1602494078700.png

The Flow will start only, if the Choice column value is 1

CFernandes_1-1602494019357.png

I hope this help you get started.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

@CFernandes I tried the flow and it did not run. In the I put the trigger formula in the setting of the first action. The second action which is to create a new item I did not know where the formula you added into the title and review box. 

@SandraAkujobi The formula that in the Trigger condition should work. Have you added the formula with reference to your dynamic field value?

If you are not comfortable with Trigger formula you can add a condition, and then create an item https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Flow-condition-on-sharepoint-choice-field/td-p/23...

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

@CFernandes In the first image you can see I was able to put in the trigger formula you proposed. In the second image I could not see where to pick the trigger reference is in the dynamic value box and that's where the problem lies

Screenshot (194).pngScreenshot (195).png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (8,950)