cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArtHavenShelter
Helper I
Helper I

Creating a folder for new list item, and create a link to the folder.

Hi! 
reading some other example, I still can't figure it out. So maybe you can assist.

There is a list: Employees

Each new to be created employee folder within the library Staff must have a personal name: Title_Surname_Name

1. I add a title, surname and name in Employees;

2. The flow starts with creating a folder for that staff member;

3. The list item gets a link nice icon or short link in the hyperlink column: Employeefolder. 

Tried to work this out but somehow it doesn't work.
I also tried this: How To Update Hyperlink Fields With URL And Description Using Microsoft Flow 
but get the message: The expression "web/lists/GetByTitle(‘Employees’)/items(35)" is not valid.
I do think something is wrong with the ID or so.

I tried two options: 

ArtHavenShelter_3-1655490332835.png

and 2.

ArtHavenShelter_4-1655492443995.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ArtHavenShelter
Helper I
Helper I

It's solved for now. It went wrong with the single and double quotes signs and the proper connection with the ID field. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
hhaliman
Frequent Visitor

Thanks! This is really magic to me. I thought to just follow what Power Automate facilitates without knowing code. This above my understanding of scripts. 

Shuvam-rpa
Super User
Super User

@ArtHavenShelter So basically you want create a folder in sharepoint library when a new item created in a employee list??

ArtHavenShelter
Helper I
Helper I

It's solved for now. It went wrong with the single and double quotes signs and the proper connection with the ID field. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,704)