cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LowKeyDude
Regular Visitor

Creating a task in a Planner from SharePoint issue list and assign to team member

Hello

I'm new to Office 365 and I'm trying to increase the productivity of the team I manage and improve the way we interact with our clients on a more collaborative approach.

I tried to look up for a solution to my problem in the community but i could not find it and any help is appreciated.

We work on B2B and we sell machinery to our clients thus projects

To test the framework I created a team and group with some colleagues and some other people outside of my company domain without Office 365 acting as client and vendor (therefore a team and a group of people with same company domain and other outside of it)

I created sharepoint site when I created an Issue list to share and collaborate on.

I create a Project Plan in Planner with same users as the team above described.

I created a workflow that everytime an new item is added to the sharepoint Issue list, a mail it is sent to people in the team and mainly to the mail / person is responsible for. At the same time the same item is added to Planner related Bucket

Although the mail is automatically generated with the workflow I have an error related to the part in Planner. The task in planner bucket is not created.

This is the error in the workflow.

Referenced User or Group (same mail added in the item in share point) is not found.

Can anyone recommend me how to do it?

below the workflow

franco

6 REPLIES 6
faustocapellanj
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @LowKeyDude,

I tried to follow your Flow steps as close as possible, and I was able to create a Planner Task just fine. For the Assigned User Id, which property are you using from the "When an item is created" step?

Regards,

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Fausto Capellan, Jr
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!

Hi Fausto

thank you for your support

I can also create an items but when I allcote the user it does not work

I use the ID of the mail I write on a customer column with property person or group (with only single person selection)

The trigger "When an item is created" is related to my sharepoint site and the issue list. No user ID

Thanks

franco

Hi Franco,

The email ID is from an O365 user or an external one?

Fausto Capellan, Jr
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!
LowKeyDude
Regular Visitor

Fausto

It is external. With internal I tried and it worked

Franco

Hi @LowKeyDude

With external users it won't work unless somehow you can add an external user to your Office 365 tenant and grant the respective access to your resources. Let's see if someone from the Flow team can respond with an actual solution for your issue.

Regards,

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Fausto Capellan, Jr
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @LowKeyDude,

I agree with @faustocapellanj's thought almost. The Assigned User Id field of "Create a task" action is required to fill the id or email address of the user who is a member of your Office 365 group or organization. If you fill the id or email address of the user who is not a member of your Office 365 group or organization within Assigned User Id field, the "Create a task" action would fail.

In addition, if you want to assign the task to the user who is not a member of your Office 365 group or organization, you could consider take a try to add the user as a member of your Office 365 group or organization.

I afraid that there is no way to assign a Planner task to the external user (who is not a member of your Office 365 group or organization) in Microsoft Flow currently.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,875)