cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andypandy72

Creating an Approval that repeats each month

I need to create an Approval in our organisation that is renewed each month. I can create an Approval template in Approvals in Teams (but it does not have to be within Teams). But I guess I need to use Power Automate to create a flow that renews or repeats each month. How do I do this? 

7 REPLIES 7
andypandy72

Bump

ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@andypandy72 

You can use a Recurrence trigger that is configured to run once a month.  Then, you can start the approval.  The real question is what are you approving?  Is there a new item that is to be approved each month or are you re-approving the same item.

If you provide additional details I may be able to create an example.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Thanks Scott. The Approval that I would like to create will be sent to KPI-owners in our organisation. They need to approve this Approval each month (in the Approval I intent to hyperlink the same file that needs updating each month). So I guess it's about re-approving the same item, as the Approval is always the same each month (same members, subject, text and hyperlink). So a Recurrence trigger as you suggest would probably do the job!

@andypandy72 

If you need additional help, please post here.  If I have addressed your issue, please mark my post as the solution - this will help others with a similar issue.

Scott

Hi again Scott, would it be possible for you to create an example (or screenshot) for how I would create such a Recurrence trigger with an Appoval? It would be very much appreciated 🙂

@andypandy72 

Do you want separate approvals for each KPI owner or do you want an "everyone must approve" approval action?

How long do you want to give the approvers to take action?

If an approver does not respond, what should happen?

Scott

Hi again Scott,
- One Approval for all KPI owners, where each person should approve (when they have entered their monthly KPI in a spreadsheet).
- A 10 day deadline for the approver to take action.
- If an approver does not respond, we will manually contact this person (but is it possible for a reminder to be send if no response from approver within.. say 7 days?)

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,559)