Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hepworthnot
Helper I
Helper I

Creating but not sending an email

Hi,

is it possible to write a flow which creates an email but doesn't send it.

Sometimes I want to edit the template emails I create with a flow so I want the template to open ready for editing before I send it?

Thanks

Phil

30 REPLIES 30
Hepworthnot
Helper I
Helper I

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Thanks @VictorIvanidze but I am trying to create a draft email for editing before sending.

The link you referred me to sends the email.

Phil

Hi @Hepworthnot , my bad, sorry.

Please check if you have populated the header:

Content-type      Application/json 

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Hepworthnot if you are using CDS connector for sure you can do this by creating a new email message, then you can edit in CDS and then send

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

Hi,

Header is populated. Still get error.

Thanks but not using a CDS connector

Have you tried wrapping the variable in your subject in quotes?  Is that variable populating correctly?  That error would suggest that it may be a null value, and you can't call the API with a null subject. 

Lastly, I this post touches a bit on that error you're receiving:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/The-input-body-for-trigger-manual-of-type-Re...

It might be a good idea to try running the Flow normally without using the test button.  Hopefully, that helps to uncover what may be going on.  

Hi,

thanks for your help.

I have tried wrapping the variable in single, double, and {} quotes. I have also tried this via the powerapps end.

The variable in powerapps is rendering and is not null.

Has anybody been able to get this to work? Is it just one of things powerapps can't do and I'm wasting everyone's time?

Hepworthnot
Helper I
Helper I

OK,

this seems to work ...

SharedScreenshot.jpg

View solution in original post

@rjhale Thank you so much for posting back your modified body, it has helped me get mine working. One small thing though, when I tried yours I got an error about malformed json at position 219. When I looked at that, position 219 is the closing brace. However just before that it appears you have a rogue comma:

...		"EmailAddress": {
			"address": "test-whatever@contoso.com"
		}
	}],
}

when I removed that comma the code works perfectly for me. So, the syntax which worked for me finally is:

{
	"Subject": "Test Subject",
	"Body": {
		"contentType": "Text",
		"content": "Testing the body of this message"
	},
	"ToRecipients": [{
		"EmailAddress": {
			"address": "test-whatever@contoso.com"
		}
	}]
}

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (94,204)