cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
solwebsolutions
Level: Powered On

Creating subsites with unique permissions

We need to create sub-sites each with unique permissions.

Examples I've seen so far take the URI webinfos/add and UseUniquePermissions = false

...our case it's true.  We are controlling permissions at the sub-site level, so they need unique perms

We can create the sub-site with unique permissions via webinfos/add + unique perms = true, but we still have to do the following by hand:

--1. Create the default 3 SharePoint groups >> Owners, Members, Visitors (I don't get any of these 3 via running the URI above...it just adds my name).  I think it's the permsetup.aspx page that runs when you manually set the 3 SharePoint Groups >> Readers, Members, Owners

--2. Add the sub-site to the main parent site for Quick Launch navigation (we don't want it on the top / horizontal nav)

--3. Add 2 users to the Owners SharePoint group (user1@companyname.com, user2@companyname.com)

--4. Turn sharing off by members and have all access requests go to the Owners group for approval/monitoring 

Are #1-4 above options in the API + FLOW?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
solwebsolutions
Level: Powered On

Re: Creating subsites with unique permissions

For #2 in getting the sub-site to parent quick launch, this may work:

https://rmanimaran.wordpress.com/2014/11/12/sharepoint-2013-working-on-navigation-using-rest-api/

:/_api/web/Navigation/QuickLaunch

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,733)