cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
solwebsolutions
Frequent Visitor

Creating subsites with unique permissions

We need to create sub-sites each with unique permissions.

Examples I've seen so far take the URI webinfos/add and UseUniquePermissions = false

...our case it's true.  We are controlling permissions at the sub-site level, so they need unique perms

We can create the sub-site with unique permissions via webinfos/add + unique perms = true, but we still have to do the following by hand:

--1. Create the default 3 SharePoint groups >> Owners, Members, Visitors (I don't get any of these 3 via running the URI above...it just adds my name).  I think it's the permsetup.aspx page that runs when you manually set the 3 SharePoint Groups >> Readers, Members, Owners

--2. Add the sub-site to the main parent site for Quick Launch navigation (we don't want it on the top / horizontal nav)

--3. Add 2 users to the Owners SharePoint group (user1@companyname.com, user2@companyname.com)

--4. Turn sharing off by members and have all access requests go to the Owners group for approval/monitoring 

Are #1-4 above options in the API + FLOW?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
solwebsolutions
Frequent Visitor

For #2 in getting the sub-site to parent quick launch, this may work:

https://rmanimaran.wordpress.com/2014/11/12/sharepoint-2013-working-on-navigation-using-rest-api/

:/_api/web/Navigation/QuickLaunch

I'm interested in option 1 none of my subsites have their unique groups.  I have to do it manually. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (38,779)