cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Creating team on MS Teams via MS Forms

Hi,

I built an MS flow to automatically create a team (not a team channel) when an MS form is submitted. I used this guide to create it.https://www.lee-ford.co.uk/new-team-request-for-teams-using-flow-and-graph-api/

However, I face an error in the second HTTP action. error message attached. Please let me know how to make it work. Much appreciated!

Thank you,

Roger

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 4.31.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 4.36.37 PM.png

10 REPLIES 10
Super User III
Super User III

Howdy @TGRM ,

The Error\Status Code is 403 - Forbidden.

• Navigate to Graph Explorer in your browser.
  • Login with Office 365, credentials and provide the ‘Consent on behalf of your organization’ an click on ‘Accept‘.

Untitled.png

To isolate the problem, can you please Test the same REST request using a REST client such as PostMan or ARC.

On a side note for graph API I prefer using 'HTTP with Azure AD connector'

Untitled.png

You can find some details in my blog, https://clavinfernandes.wordpress.com/2020/05/04/exporting-chats-from-microsoft-teams-using-power-au...

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Thanks for your response. I did contact my IT admin and he gave me some permission but I'm not sure if it was sufficient.

Screenshot attached. Can you tell me which one still needs permission? Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 8.08.01 AM.png

Hi @TGRM 

You screenshot is very small and not readable.

To create a Team you will need to provide the permissions https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/team-post?view=graph-rest-1.0

Permission type Permissions (from least to most privileged)

Delegated (work or school account)Group.ReadWrite.All, Directory.ReadWrite.All
Delegated (personal Microsoft account)Not supported.
ApplicationGroup.ReadWrite.All, Directory.ReadWrite.All

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi @CFernandes,

I think I've got all the permission, and yet it still popped up the error message. Could you please take a look?

Thanks,

Permission screenshots

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 8.32.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 8.31.55 AM.png

Error message:

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 8.33.30 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-10 at 8.33.34 AM.png

@TGRM Can you first test with Graph Explorer and let me know if that works?

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/graph-explorer 

Hi @CFernandes ,

It seems to work.

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 12.20.33 PM.png

@TGRM Can you please try using the action I suggested in my initial update(screenshot below)

CFernandes_1-1599756666146.png

 Hi @CFernandes 

I started the free trial and here it asks for the resource path.

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 1.35.06 PM.png

Another observation is that the MS Graph seems to work when I select GET, but not work when I select POST.

Does it mean I need to get permission to POST?

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 1.38.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 1.38.01 PM.png

  

Hi @CFernandes 

Can you give further instruction to this problem. I got all the permission needed.

Much appreciated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (3,004)