Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChanNT
Helper I
Helper I

Custom Approval Type based on user's selection

Hi all,

Does anyone know what kind of values are accepted to add in "Enter custom value" in Approval Type of the approval action?

ChanNT_0-1639465179403.png

I would like to change the approval type based on the user's selected values.

For example, if user selected "everyone must approve" in Power Apps, the approval type should be "Approve/Reject - Everyone must approve" and if user selected "First to respond" in app, the approval type should change to "Approve/Reject - First to respond" option.

Please kindly help if anyone knows how it could be achieved.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jinivthakkar
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@ChanNT welcome, please accept as answer later if it solves your issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jinivthakkar
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@ChanNT this is not going to work, you will need a custom flow and you will need to save data in your backend which can have schema something like this

Record Approval Approver 1 Approver1 Status Approver 2 Approver2 Status Approver 3 Approver3 Status
Item1 Everyone John    Jill   Jack  
Item2 FirstApproval Jack   Jill   John  

Based on what user selects on App, update the record in the backend and the flow should first check Approval value and then the Approval status and based on it the flow should work

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi @jinivthakkar ,

Thank you for the advice. 

You mean that approval flow is not working for my query and I need to use custom flow instead?
Can you please explain more about the custom flow?

Thank you.

jinivthakkar
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@ChanNT just check this out, hope this helps you figure out the implementation 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_FUeRjgg4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

ChanNT
Helper I
Helper I

@jinivthakkar 

Thank you so much. 🙂

jinivthakkar
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@ChanNT welcome, please accept as answer later if it solves your issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (3,418)