cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Shifts Report

Does anyone know if there is a way to build a flow to pull a Shifts Report? We want to use the calendar but our teams are salaried employees, so we don’t want to make them clock in. However, the managers still want to track hours, so they are hesitant to use Shift. If we could customize our own automated report, where it pulls into SharePoint spreadsheet, they would be more onboard with us using it. Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
manuelstgomes
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Microsoft StaffHub will be deprecated effective December 31, 2019. This includes the Shifts feature:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/expand-teams-across-your-org/shifts/manage-the-shifts-app-for-your-organization-in-teams

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Manuel,

I’m fully aware, but it looks like you don’t know that a new Teams Shifts app has replaced StaffHub. My question still remains: Can you run a flow from the new Teams Shifts app to create a custom report in an excel or SharePoint spreadsheet? Or will that function be available soon, as Shifts is relatively new?

@Anonymous there aren't any Shifts triggers yet but if you manually start a flow there are a few Shifts actions you can use to, for example, list all team shifts that have someone assigned to them and then update appropriate columns in a SharePoint list. You could also update an Excel table, but Shifts in the Teams web app can export a schedule directly to Excel (from Chrome only as far as I recall).

shiftsActions.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rob,

Thanks for the info. I will mess around with these and see what all I can do. What I am ultimately trying to do is to track the total hours for different shifts to create a table like the one below.  If you happen to know if this is possible, please let me know.

NameService NowClassroom ProctorOnsite SupportCurriculum Dev
John2020  
Jane102010 
Total Hours304010 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , This get a shift is asking for a unit shiftid. From where i can get the shiftid? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,630)