Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
golabem
Advocate II
Advocate II

Custom daily reminder - issue with loop

Hello,

I created flow which has several approval steps. I'm using "send emails with option" because I need to use attachments.

I have issue with daily reminders. When I test it in another flow and set reminder to 30 sec, everything works fine. In my final flow I set reminder to 1 day, and it doesnt.

Here is how it works:

1. First, I initialize boolean flags:

2019-12-16_8-26-04.png

2. Next, I send email with options to f.e. reviewer. At the same time I set "do until" loop which ends when flag is true. I'm setting variable to true AFTER "send email with options".

2019-12-16_8-30-38.png

3. In real life it stops after one loop:

2019-12-16_8-36-55.png

I have no idea what is wrong, because on my test flow ( which reminds in 30 sec ) everything works:

2019-12-16_8-38-24.png

I don't have any previous actions that can affect these steps. I have the same issue to next approvals in this flow, which are built in the same way.

Any help will be appreciated 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @golabem 

Can you share a screenshot of the limits set on the Do Until loop? I did a test on my end and observed that the do until loop ends the moment the number of runs are completed on it. Can you check and confirm that?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @golabem 

Once the flow enters the do until loop, you do not have an action to set the variable (such that it changes and the loop checks that value). You might want to add the set variable action in the do until loop maybe after the delay step so that the variable value is set and then check if the desired value is achieved so that the loop can stop. 

Also, you might want to check the timeout settings on the do until loop. Usually it is 60 mins. you can increase that to the number of days that you want the time out to happen (max 30 days and you need to set the interval in a way that the loop does not run ore than 5000 times before the time out.)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi, @yashag2255 

I didn't set variable in the do until loop because, I want to set it exactly when person responsible for approval made an action ( so setting variable to true is AFTER send email with option - as you see on attached images, flow waits with next steps until it receives action from "send email with options" ). 

As far I understand, If I would add set variable in the do until loop, the value of it will start to be independent from "send email with options" action. 

Also, as far as I understand, my logic inside flow is correct, so why the loop stops, if the value of the flag wasn't changed from false to true ? Why it is working in test flow, with shorter time ( 30 s ) ?

I'm quite confused, I have no idea how to fix this, and from now I'm not sure how flow will behave If I run it again. We use this flow inside of company, and this ambiguity is really not indicated

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @golabem 

Can you share a screenshot of the limits set on the Do Until loop? I did a test on my end and observed that the do until loop ends the moment the number of runs are completed on it. Can you check and confirm that?

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

@yashag2255 

I completely  forgot about timeout, because loop always returns "successful" !

2019-12-16_10-22-41.png

It might be this, for now I understand flow was making only one loop because timeout was set to 1h (PT1H = 1h regarding ISO 8601).

I will change timeout options to PT720H ( so loop will timeout after 30 days - as solution in this topic  ). 

I will close this topic despite I won't test it until somebody trigger flow again and wait at least 2 days. 

Thank you @yashag2255  ! I really appreciate your help.

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @golabem 

No problem at all. You can also try P30D for the days part (based on the format). 

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (65,845)