Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaroh_bits
Helper V
Helper V

Customized Approver emails

Hi All,

1. I have requirements from a client where he wants the approver email to be customized 

01 Send and wait for an approval.jpg

and just not out of the box emails from Power Automate below: 

02 Approvals email in outlook..jpg

Q: Do we have options we can customize these emails?

Use Markdown in Power Automate approval requests  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/approvals-markdown-support  does fit client business requirements.

2. Requester / Initiator emails needs to be customized as well and not just plain out of box email. 

03 Send Email actin.jpg

The client needs a table with all requester details, images and links to the running workflow.

Does following links suffice this requirement?

Customize email in flows https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/email-customization

Create flows for popular email scenarios https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/email-top-scenarios

Thanks in advance. 
    @v-xiaochen-msft @v-xida-msft  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@aaroh_bits You can use markdown format to do a bit of formatting, it does not have all features like html,css so thats not possible :

Try building the format as required using this link : Link 

There is no more scope of customization apart from what can be achieved using markdown. I just created a table using markdown format.

jinivthakkar_0-1611927421210.png

For sending formatted emails, just click on Code View as highlighted in below image

jinivthakkar_1-1611927579389.png

jinivthakkar_3-1611927812456.png

Copy paste any type of html, I tried this Link 

jinivthakkar_2-1611927663883.png

The css has to be in-line for it to be applied.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@aaroh_bits You can use markdown format to do a bit of formatting, it does not have all features like html,css so thats not possible :

Try building the format as required using this link : Link 

There is no more scope of customization apart from what can be achieved using markdown. I just created a table using markdown format.

jinivthakkar_0-1611927421210.png

For sending formatted emails, just click on Code View as highlighted in below image

jinivthakkar_1-1611927579389.png

jinivthakkar_3-1611927812456.png

Copy paste any type of html, I tried this Link 

jinivthakkar_2-1611927663883.png

The css has to be in-line for it to be applied.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks @jinivthakkar for your prompt response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,808)