Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krishna98
Helper V
Helper V

Daily Recurrence

Hi,

I'm having a flow in which, user selects date in power apps, then flow will send the mail on selected date.

now i need to add another dropdown to the date value for slots i.e. morning and afternoon. if user selects morning then a mail should go to the end user on selected date in the morning if user selects afternoon my flow should send the mail on afternoon.

can you please tell me how can i achieve this function. and any suggestions are also welcome. 

6 REPLIES 6
PURNA429
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Krishna98 ,

What is your current implementation to send email on selected date.? If you are already using delay action, then introduce a if else condition after your delay action and then check dropdown value . If its value is "afternoon", add another delay activity for few hrs( roughly more than 12 hrs ) and send an email. If its value is morning, i would think , you no need to change anything more since the email will go out on the morning (12:00 AM) of selected date.

If it is a scheduled workflow, you can set two triggers one for morning and another for evening and query the list with a filter of your dropdown value along with selected date and send emails accordingly.

If this helps or answer your question, please mark this as solution.

Thanks

Purna

Blog 

Hi @PURNA429 

I'm using this,

00.PNG

Hi @Krishna98 ,

You can have two triggers set for a day ( like for example 1 am and 1 pm as shown below ) and have a if-else condition to check the current time (The flow execution time)

TwoSchedulesperday.png

• If it contains AM { Query SharePoint list with filter something like Created eq 'your date expression' and Dropdown value eq 'Morning' } and process the result items and send emails.
  • else (i.e If it contains PM) { Query SharePoint list with filter something like Created eq 'your date expression' and Dropdown value eq 'Afternoon' } and process the result items and send emails.

If this answered your question, please mark this question as answered and if you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up .

Thanks

Purna

Blog 

Hi @PURNA429 ,

I've tried in the way that you have told. but it's giving different time. i've checked my date and time settings as well. they are perfectly configured.

11.PNG

Hi @Krishna98 ,

Here is the way you can convert the timezones.

By default the current time gives you in UTC format. Using convert time zone function you can convert it in to desired time zone.

Below is the sample i created to convert the current time to EST .

Convert Time Zone.PNG

The output looks like this :

Output.PNG

If this answered your question, please mark this question as answered and if you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up .

Thanks

Purna

Blog

Hi @PURNA429 , thnx for helping but

if we convert the time there is a problem. so i've explain it

actually, I'm having scheduler which runs daily, at 9 am and 12 pm and get the items of list and send the emails

the end user comes and fills the data in list and selects the date and timeslot i.e. either 9 am or 12pm. but the end users are from different time zones where one user is from egypt and one from mexico and one from india.

so how can configure my flow accordingly to their time zones to send the mail on selected slots

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,514)