cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaneOZ
Level 8

Daily Scheduled Flow that creates a work order based on criteria recreates work order because the same conditions are met however that work order has been completed.

I have many flows that check a SharePoint list "Asset Register" daily to see if any of the vehicles (assets) have kilometres that are within the conditions of a range of values, if yes then a flow will create a work order in another list "Open Work Orders" informing the service man that a service is due, then once the service is completed the work order is marked as complete and then sent to another list "Closed Work Orders" and deleted in the "Open Work Orders" list.

All works great however if the work order is created and the service man completes the work order and the next day the vehicle is still within the same range ie the range is 10000 and 10500 and the vehicles today is 10001 and the next day 10100 it is still within that range and another work order is created,

How can i somehow mark that vehicle that the service has been completed and not create a duplicate.

Currently the service man is deleting the duplicates however id like for them to not be created.      

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Daily Scheduled Flow that creates a work order based on criteria recreates work order because the same conditions are met however that work order has been completed.

Hi @shaneOZ one way to do it would be to have a column in the Assets Register list for 10500Service with a default value of No. In the flow that gets the items from this asset register set a filter query of 10500Service eq 'No' so that only those vehicles where that service has not been completed are brought back.

Then when the flow send the item to the Closed Work Orders list it could also update the item in the 10500Service column in the Asset register with Yes.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Highlighted
shaneOZ
Level 8

Re: Daily Scheduled Flow that creates a work order based on criteria recreates work order because the same conditions are met however that work order has been completed.

@RobElliott wrote:

Hi @shaneOZ one way to do it would be to have a column in the Assets Register list for 10500Service with a default value of No. In the flow that gets the items from this asset register set a filter query of 10500Service eq 'No' so that only those vehicles where that service has not been completed are brought back.

Then when the flow send the item to the Closed Work Orders list it could also update the item in the 10500Service column in the Asset register with Yes.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Cheers for the reply Rob,

I had thought of this exact solution as ive used it for other issues.

However, i would have to have around 400 individual columns, as its not just kilometres services of every 10,000 like cars. There are heavy machinery here that are done every 250 hours (kind of like Kilometres but each actual hour the machine is running) There is about 400 individual flows each saying 250service due 500service due etc etc.. 

I was thinking of using some kind of calculation column to say service has been done in the last 14days? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Coming Soon: T-shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Users online (5,312)