Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmangiante
Helper V
Helper V

Dataverse license with Microsoft 365 Standard and Basic subscription

Hello,

I'd like to use the Dataverse connector in Power Automate; in our company our users have Microsoft 365 Standard and Basic subscription, but it seems that we can't use the premium connectors with those plans; now the question: is it right? If I want to use the premium connectors, all the user must have the power automate per user plan added to our subscription plans or one user plan is enough? And if I want to use them also in Power Apps? Another license?

--

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@mmangiante ,

Well I’m afraid that you need licenses for both users. The system determines the flow category based on the inside actions.

You can try to create on service user account a connection to dataverse with the system user account credentials to see if it works.
In powerautomate -> dataverse -> connections -> add new connection .

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@mmangiante ,

If the actions inside the flow are executed using an user connection then that user need to have powerautomate per user license. 

For example, for a powerautomate - automatic cloud flow has an action DataVerse - List Rows (premium connection) then only the user needs license:

gabibalaban_0-1635881971688.png

Also, if is a instant flow called from powerapps, then the powerapps license (there also licenses in powerapps) cover the premium connectors. 

Hello @gabibalaban 

thanks for your quick reply. One more question: I use one "central" account to create the flow for our company, and use another service account when there is an action that asks for user connection: I have to license both? I ask this because, in my question example, when I tried to use the action "Add a new row" with the first account, a popup appeared to propose the trial of 90 days: so as you said previously, I have to but 2 license, one for the account that create the flow and another for the service account, right?

--

Regards

@mmangiante ,

Well I’m afraid that you need licenses for both users. The system determines the flow category based on the inside actions.

You can try to create on service user account a connection to dataverse with the system user account credentials to see if it works.
In powerautomate -> dataverse -> connections -> add new connection .

Hello @gabibalaban 

the connection with Dataverse using the service account was created; now I have only to try to enable the account that I use to create the flows to per user account license.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,575)