cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fklatecki
Level: Powered On

Date/Time from SharePoint list "error"

Greetings,

I am connecting a flow to a SharePoint list with a field I labled "FollowUp" it is a calculated field based an entered End Date.

For testing purposes, I am trying to add a few minutes =End+1/24/30, when this date is used a flow delay until, I get this error. Is there a conversion I should be doing? (I want a followup email to be sent 2 days after the scheduled "End" Date.

BadRequest. The 'timestamp' value of the 'Wait' action 'until' inputs must be specified in UTC using the round-trip date/time pattern (for example, '2015-10-22T10:00:00Z'). For details please review the Standard Date and Time Format Strings of the .Net framework.

Regards

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Date/Time from SharePoint list "error"

Hi fklatecki,

Per my certain knowledge, SharePoint Calculated column will return a Text value, while you are trying to use Date/Time value.

Please consider to use Workflow Definition language adddays function in your flow:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-workflow-definition-language

You could use a adddays function in a Compose action in your flow looks like below:

3.PNG

Please feel free if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
fklatecki

Thank you for offer to assist. I am not sure if I am using the adddays function correctly. For testing purposes, I am using addseconds to make my testing faster.

I am getting this error message in the flow:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Delay_until' inputs at line '1' and column '2049': 'The string was not recognized as a valid DateTime. There is an unknown word starting at index 0.'.

image 1.pngimage 2.pngimage 3.pngimage 4.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi fklatecki,

I would suggest you use Compose action likes I mentioned before and use the Workflow definition language adddays. Then select the dynamic content of Compose action for Delay until field.

Please try it and feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Microsoft MWilliams86
Microsoft

The way I got around this was that I had a SharePoint column that took in a Date Only, used the Dynamic Content selector for it and added the Time format requested by the delay of T00:00:00Z. It looks like this:

Flow Forum Capture.PNG

This processed fine it seems. Feel free to use the 24 hour format on the time to adjust when you'd like the delay for. For the actual addition process you may want to try and get the more advanced @adddays() function to work, but this should fix the initial issue/error you were receiving. 

fklatecki

Thank you for the additional information. Unfortunately, I am still get a TimeStamp error.

As you can see the calculated SharePoint column is Date Only. I do send an email from the Flow, and use the Follow Up date field. As you see in the Outlook email the Date field is Universal Time, not withstanding the column is "Date Only".

I would appreciate any further advise you may have to offer.

flow time error_Page_1.jpgflow time error_Page_3.jpgemail fields.pngDelay error.pngDelay until.png

kenleung

I just got this to work. I had to change the format of my field from Date Only to Date & Time. For some reason, Flow's "Delay Until" action hates date only fields. Even more of a pain since I'm using an InfoPath form template for the list. I hate these stupid pointless gotchas.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,698)