cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Naro

Date format problem

Hi everyone,

I created a Flow that takes responses from an MS Form and creates an entry in a SharePoint list. There is a problem with the date format. I tried finding a way to restrict the format in the form, but couldn't. It has to be entered as MM/DD/YYYY if not the flow will fail. Here is the message I got:

The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Create_item' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: Input parameter 'item/Geburtstag' is required to be of type 'String/date'. The runtime value '"30/05/1990"' to be converted doesn't have the expected format 'String/date'.

The person who willed out the form put in DD/MM/YYYY. I have added an example to the form question of how it needs to be filled in, but that does not garantiere anything. I also tried writing an expression, but didn't seem to work. Any suggestions? Much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Sundeep_Malik
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @Naro 

Try making a compose, and in that just the similar formula: 

formatDateTime(Date,'MM/dd/yyyy')

Sundeep_Malik_0-1663061196166.png

Or if you have tried the above and it didnt work, then also make a variable type string and add the above date in it. 

Sundeep_Malik_2-1663061330553.png

If you have done the above things and it didnt work, can you post screenshot of the flow in edit mode and also one run, if possible?

Hi @Sundeep_Malik 

Thank you for taking the time to help. I added the compose and got the following 

compose.png

When I tried putting in 'Intialize variable' it said that it can only be used at top level.  This is all within an 'Apply to each'.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (6,519)