Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janaboy
Helper I
Helper I

Date mismatch between flows

Dear Community, 

I have a weird issue.

I have created via PowerApps, Flow and Sharepoint list an Export permit system. 

There is a strange issue, but before i wrote that down a few words about the flow.

Flow: Submit a request from Powerapps to a Proxy sharepoint list via a simple Flow, then my main system pickup from the proxy list and start the approval flow.

My problem that i have a few users, if they submit a request for some reasons the date will be changed to yesterday.

How this looks:

Submit a Powerapps form ( i use this to formulate the date:  Text(Authorized_Date.SelectedDate,"[$-en-US]yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss"), then it will be written into a Sharepoint list (via a Proxy flow), the data looks like this:

2021-02-04T00:00:00

Then my main Flow, pickups the list entry and starting the approval flow.

But in that case it shows already the previous day:

2021-02-03 (the is the date from the 'When item is created').

What is the most strange, that it is working fine for most of the users, but i have one (at least what i am aware of) who has issues almost constantly. (I have a test system, but there is no problem, however using the same methods.)

If i check the created/modified date it is -1 hour to my actual time, so i was thinking that maybe that is causing the issue, but it works for many users without any problems.

I was trying to use this format in the Proxy when creates items into the sharepoint list:

@{addminutes(triggerBody()?['Createitem_Date_of_export'],120)}

But i started to receive error likes this:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Create_item' inputs at line '1' and column '2533': 'In function 'addminutes', the value provided for date time string '' was not valid. The datetime string must match ISO 8601 format.'.

Anybody has any ideas?

I actually consider this as a bug.

Thank you,

Br,

János

2 REPLIES 2
gabibalaban
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Janaboy ,

Most probably the problem came from TimeZoneConversion of each user. Can you try to put a "Z" on the back of your powerapps formula: 

Text(Authorized_Date.SelectedDate,"[$-en-US]yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ssZ")  

This will let the system know that the time is in UTC timezone and don't need any conversion.

Hope it helps !

Hi @gabibalaban,

Thanks.

Not sure if it is helped, now looks like this the incoming data from Powerapps:

2021-02-08T00:00:00Z

This is the original one:

2021-02-05T00:00:00

But i will make this change in the live system as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,397)