Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrenfloyd666
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Date triggered Flow Condition not working

Hi Automaters

I'm trying to get a Flow to fire off an email alert when a date field on a list is coming up to 15 days.

I got it working in a test environment but not in production.

Here's how I've got the condition written:

Condition.png

The first line is Date (the date field) is equal to utcNow()

In the list field the date is formatted DD/MM/YYYY however when I get the output from the Flow of the date field it's coming out as YYYY/MM/DD.

All suggestions welcome

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

Hi Darren @darrenfloyd666 the way I do these reviews is shown in the screenshots below. Particularly if it's a document review I'd add in a link to the item in the email as well. If anything isn't clear just shout.

0-trigger-getItems-compose.png

1-compose-condition.png

2-greenChannel.png

3-emailResult.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

Hi Darren @darrenfloyd666 the way I do these reviews is shown in the screenshots below. Particularly if it's a document review I'd add in a link to the item in the email as well. If anything isn't clear just shout.

0-trigger-getItems-compose.png

1-compose-condition.png

2-greenChannel.png

3-emailResult.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

darrenfloyd666
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Thanks @RobElliott again! I followed your actions and it's running but not spitting out an email.

I've got four items with dates:

7/02/2020

10/02/2020

22/02/2020

29/02/2020

and I thought one of them would trigger an email.

The Outputs I'm getting on the JSON actions are:

Compose Day: 2020-02-07

Compose Expiry Date: 2018-06-14

Compose ReviewDate: 2018-06-07T00:00:00.0000000

Compose 2018-06-07

Where am I going wrong?

Hi Darren, your review dates don''t match today as far as I can see so the flow will go down the red if no channel of the condition and the email won't be sent. If you've got old items in the list that you still want to get reviewed then you could change the condition to greater than or equal to.

Rob
Los Gallardos

BOOM! That worked when I changed the condition to 'Less than or equal to' thanks @RobElliott !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (15,963)