cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
romi
Frequent Visitor

Date

Hi, 

I am using microsoft forms and microsoft flow. 

In microsoft forms, I used text question for the dates since I want to add multiple dates

Question: Dates Booked

Answer: 8/8/2021, 8/16/2021, 8/25/2021

I made an approval then if it is approved. it will create an event in Outlook Calendar.

But since the dates are multiple. The flow is having an error

Is there a way that I can fix this?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@romi  configure the flow as shown below, here i am assigning static value to variable but you can assign form response date field to the variable

annajhaveri_0-1629186342671.png

In Compose action use following expression

split(variables('Dates'),',')

Then in apply to each action use output of compose action. Then in Create event action use current item for dates.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@romi  you can use compose action and split expression to split the date value first, and then with Apply to each action use output of compose action, and inside it add Create Event action.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
romi
Frequent Visitor

hi,

what will i put in start time and date time? thank you

Nived_Nambiar
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @romi 

From the dates that u had received from the forms, what would be the start time and end time ?

@Nived_Nambiar  are you taking the time from user in create event, if not, do you want to create event for all day or for specific time slot?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

Hi, 

What if I received multiple dates?

For example: The client booked for August 15, 2021; August 17, 2021 and August 25, 2021. 

romi
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

I want it to be event for full day. 

Thank you.

romi
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I'm getting this error 

The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Create_event_(V4)' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: Input parameter 'item/start' is required to be of type 'String/date-no-tz'. The source type/format 'Array' of the value '["8/15/2021"," 8/19/2021"," 8/25/2021"]' is not convertible to type/format 'String/date-no-tz'.

@romi  configure the flow as shown below, here i am assigning static value to variable but you can assign form response date field to the variable

annajhaveri_0-1629186342671.png

In Compose action use following expression

split(variables('Dates'),',')

Then in apply to each action use output of compose action. Then in Create event action use current item for dates.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

View solution in original post

romi
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your help!! 

It works.. 😍

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,414)