cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linky_07
Helper I
Helper I

Dates changes into the previous day

I have created a sharpoint list and the form that is completed includes a requested date, however, once it is saved it keeps changing it to the day before!?!? No idea why this is suddenly happening, anyone else experience this?

I've turned on the audit trail whic alerts me when a change happens and this is what it is telling me. Is it something to do with the US time being 8 hours different?!?! Really confused....

Screenshot.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @linky_07,

This is because flow currently only supports UTC+00. We are planning to add support for Timezones in flow.

A workaround for now is to change the timezone from the sharepoint list to UTC+00.

You can also try to use the Workflow Definition Language addhours in compose action to change to the correct time:

1. First add the dynamic content (For example, the [Start Time] here) into the formula, just like you did before:

"@Addhours(body([Start Time], -1)"

2. Then save the flow, it will show you that the formula is not right, which would expose the code used for the dynamic content in the error messages part:

large (1).png

3. After that, remove the @{} symbol, which would leave only the contents body('Create_event')['Start'], then use this as the function parameter.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

This is not the problem, it is changing some I created yesterday and not others, maybe it is a sharepoint rahter than workflow.

Thanks

Any news on my reply to this?

Hi @linky_07,

Will the date show correctly in SharePoint?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

No, it's the sharepoint list that changes to the previous day!

Hi, I agree, I have the same problem here with 2 flows:

- 1st one is creating a new item in a Sharepoint list: in the output of the flow the "begin date" field is ok but it displays as the previous day in Sharepoint.

- 2nd flow is updating the previously created item (same Sharepoint list): same "begin date" field is updated, sometimes with the same value (the "begin date" didn't change between creation an dupdate), sometimes with an updated value. In both cases the date displayed in the Sharepoint list is then ok!

How come updating a date field fixes the "previous day issue" in a Sharepoint list? Could you please get back to us on this please?

Best,

Guillaume

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (36,688)