cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jb_tw

Day View for Outlook Calendar Events in Canvas App

Hi,

A colleague has requested for a Canvas app to be created on their behalf, and would like to present existing Outlook Calendar events within the app, displayed in a traditional 'Day' view, i.e. 00:00am to 23:30pm (or a revised list of times, i.e. 9am - 6pm) down the left side with scheduled events displayed at their start times vertically throughout the day, making it clear to see when there are gaps of availability in between existing events.

I'm able to display existing Outlook events within my app via a Gallery or by using a Data Table, but by design, neither list/display slots of availability for my chosen day.

Separately, I've tried searching online to see if anyone's achieved displaying Outlook events in a Day view within a Canvas app, but I've not managed to find anything relevant so far.

Please can I ask, has anyone successfully created/used a Day view in a Canvas app, or, can somebody please confirm whether or not this can be achieved in Power Apps at this time? Any information or guidance gratefully received!

Thank you,

Jay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@jb_tw ,

This is a question for PowerApps forum rather than PowerAutomate and it is a little bit hard to explain in word the process, so I think that it is better to see for yourself how can you achieve the scope. You'll find attached a sample app with what you need. 

Please let me know if there is anything else you need.

Hope it helps !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@jb_tw ,

This is a question for PowerApps forum rather than PowerAutomate and it is a little bit hard to explain in word the process, so I think that it is better to see for yourself how can you achieve the scope. You'll find attached a sample app with what you need. 

Please let me know if there is anything else you need.

Hope it helps !

jb_tw

Hi @gabibalaban,

Please accept my apologies for posting this in the Power Automate Community, I had intended to post it in the Power Apps Community, an oversight on my part!

Thank you so much for providing the ExampleApp in your previous post, very much appreciated! I'll import this into my test environment and take a look now.

Kind regards,

Jay

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,684)