cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Delay Until Not Working Anymore

Hello,

I used to have a Delay Until block that was working perfectly until recently. I'm not sure why it stopped working properly because nothing else really changed in the work flow.

Here is the gist of my flow:

User submits an order

Managed is set an approval request

At that point a parallel flow also begins highlighted by the screenshot below:

Delminium_1-1596551108656.png

If the user does not respond to an approval request right away this portion of the flow is supposed to remind the manager every day (up to 30 days) to complete their approval request. The variable varCancelled is set to Null initially. It changes to True/False depending on the response the manager gives. One the manager responds, this e-mail reminder is supposed to end.

My flow now only seems to remind the manager after one day and then it quits working for some reason. The timeout is set to PT720H (30 days). Count used to be blank but I changed it to 30 in hopes that would help (it did not).

Does anyone know what I can do to get this portion of the flow working again?

Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9
Helper II
Helper II

I tried updating the timeout from PT720H to P30D and still no go.

Anybody out there have any other ideas?

Hello @Delminium 

Can you share another screenshot of your flow. More specifically where the varCancelled variable is being set and updated 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Hi @Jcook 

Thanks for your reply. Here is the requested screenshot showing when varCancelled is set/updated:

Delminium_0-1596805055300.png

Hope it helps.

Hi @Delminium 

It looks like your Do until loop will not work, since you are never updating the variable in the do until loop

Proud to be a Flownaut!

FlowAltDelete

@Jcook 

It's strange because it used to work. Not sure if anything changed behind the scenes with Power Automate.

I'm not sure why I would need to update varCancelled to Null since it is already initialized to that further upstream from the screenshot I sent you.

Regardless, I will do what you said and give it another shot. I'll probably have a better idea if it worked early next week.

Thank you!

@Delminium 

You mentioned you're using a delay until action is that true? Or are you using just a standard delay?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

FlowAltDelete

@Jcook 

I am just using a standard delay action:

Delminium_0-1596808071602.png

The one within the loop is the same.

Maybe my word usage was incorrect. I am using a regular Delay action. I see now that there is a Delay Until action as well. Perhaps that is the action I should be try using?

Super User
Super User

Hello @Delminium 

Assuming that you are using a boolean variable "varCancelled".

Do you actually set the variable to null or do you assume that the Initialize variable action sets it to null.

I checked with an Initialize variable action, even if the initial value is left empty, the variable contains false!

So now you can not use a boolean variable - I suggest you to use either an integer or a string. Change your Do Until accordingly.

Kind regards, John

Hi @JohnAageAnderse 

Your assumption is correct. My variable varCancelled is a boolean. It initially worked when I left the variable empty. I then initialized and set it to null() when I started noticing problems.

Thanks for your tip! I may just give that a try as well. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (37,400)