cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PMac
Helper II
Helper II

Delay until - action not working

I have a survey set up informs and want to delay an email (within flow) based on the 'effective date' entered in the survey (using forms date format).  I'm using a link from dynamic content, however I keep getting an this error message:

BadRequest. The 'timestamp' value of the 'Wait' action 'until' inputs must be specified in UTC using the round-trip date/time pattern (for example, '2015-10-22T10:00:00Z'). For details please review the Standard Date and Time Format Strings of the .Net framework.

I get that it's a formatting issue but how do I change the format of a dynamic content link?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @PMac

You also need to include the format that you want your date to be in as the second parameter of the FormatDateTime function.

As an example:

formatDateTime(body('get_response_details')?['r50efee1c8f4c4989bef86073c2d41dd6'],'yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ssZ' 

will output the date as something like 2019-01-30T16:03:00Z. Your Dynamic Content is the first parameter in orange and the format is the second parameter in green.

More information on ISO date formats can be found here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Follow me on Twitter at @QG_LeeJHarris

Or on LinkedIn at in/leejharris

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LeeHarris
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @PMac

You can make use of expressions within Flow to format your Dynamic Content how you need it.

chrome_2019-01-29_14-40-38.png

A full list of DateTime functions can be found here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/logic-apps/workflow-definition-language-functions-reference#d...

A good introduction to using expressions can be found here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community-Blog/Microsoft-Flow-Expressions-and-how...

Proud to be a Flownaut!

This is really helpful, unfortunately I'm obviously missing something as the expression I've used isn't working.  Where do you put the dynamic content in?  I tried following your instructions faithfully, with the dynamic content in orange, but it wouldn't accept it so ended up with  

formatDateTime(body('get_response_details')?['r50efee1c8f4c4989bef86073c2d41dd6'],)

And still getting the BadRequest error.  Thank you in advance!

Hi @PMac

You also need to include the format that you want your date to be in as the second parameter of the FormatDateTime function.

As an example:

formatDateTime(body('get_response_details')?['r50efee1c8f4c4989bef86073c2d41dd6'],'yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ssZ' 

will output the date as something like 2019-01-30T16:03:00Z. Your Dynamic Content is the first parameter in orange and the format is the second parameter in green.

More information on ISO date formats can be found here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

@LeeHarris Brilliant - so excited this worked.  thank you!!!!

Is it possible to use this feature to delay for a weekly posting?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (54,028)