cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Delay until - action not working

I have a survey set up informs and want to delay an email (within flow) based on the 'effective date' entered in the survey (using forms date format).  I'm using a link from dynamic content, however I keep getting an this error message:

BadRequest. The 'timestamp' value of the 'Wait' action 'until' inputs must be specified in UTC using the round-trip date/time pattern (for example, '2015-10-22T10:00:00Z'). For details please review the Standard Date and Time Format Strings of the .Net framework.

I get that it's a formatting issue but how do I change the format of a dynamic content link?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @PMac

You also need to include the format that you want your date to be in as the second parameter of the FormatDateTime function.

As an example:

formatDateTime(body('get_response_details')?['r50efee1c8f4c4989bef86073c2d41dd6'],'yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ssZ' 

will output the date as something like 2019-01-30T16:03:00Z. Your Dynamic Content is the first parameter in orange and the format is the second parameter in green.

More information on ISO date formats can be found here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Follow me on Twitter at @QG_LeeJHarris

Or on LinkedIn at in/leejharris

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @PMac

You can make use of expressions within Flow to format your Dynamic Content how you need it.

chrome_2019-01-29_14-40-38.png

A full list of DateTime functions can be found here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/logic-apps/workflow-definition-language-functions-reference#d...

A good introduction to using expressions can be found here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community-Blog/Microsoft-Flow-Expressions-and-how...

Proud to be a Flownaut!

This is really helpful, unfortunately I'm obviously missing something as the expression I've used isn't working.  Where do you put the dynamic content in?  I tried following your instructions faithfully, with the dynamic content in orange, but it wouldn't accept it so ended up with  

formatDateTime(body('get_response_details')?['r50efee1c8f4c4989bef86073c2d41dd6'],)

And still getting the BadRequest error.  Thank you in advance!

Hi @PMac

You also need to include the format that you want your date to be in as the second parameter of the FormatDateTime function.

As an example:

formatDateTime(body('get_response_details')?['r50efee1c8f4c4989bef86073c2d41dd6'],'yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ssZ' 

will output the date as something like 2019-01-30T16:03:00Z. Your Dynamic Content is the first parameter in orange and the format is the second parameter in green.

More information on ISO date formats can be found here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

@LeeHarris Brilliant - so excited this worked.  thank you!!!!

Is it possible to use this feature to delay for a weekly posting?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (8,698)