cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdgeEntropy

Delay until next Occurrence of a Specific Day of Week and Time - Expression

Hi Power Automate Community,

I am looking to build an expression for a Delay Until action to dynamically delay until the next occurrence of a Monday (specific day of the week) at 8:00 AM. 

Scenario: A condition becomes satisfied then the Delay Until action is triggered. This Delay Until action will use an expression to delay until the next occurrence of a Monday at 8:00 AM. Then once the delay until action completes (reaches Monday at 8:00AM)  an email will be sent on Monday at 8:00 AM. 

Reason: If a condition is satisfied at 6:00 PM on a Friday then I want the Delay Until to dynamically understand that the flow needs to wait until the next occurrence of a Monday at 8:00 AM.

The expression will need to be able to select the next occurrence of the specific day of the week (Monday) at the specific time of 8:00 AM.

Can anybody offer any assistance in creating an expression that can be used to satisfy the scenario listed above with a Delay Until action expression?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
takolota
Super User
Super User

@EdgeEntropy 

I’ve got the perfect thing to get you started on this one…

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Cookbook/Date-of-Next-Day-of-Week/td-p/1466540

This dynamically gets you the date of the next chosen day of the week. From there you’ll just need to add or concatenate the time you want.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
takolota
Super User
Super User

@EdgeEntropy 

I’ve got the perfect thing to get you started on this one…

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Cookbook/Date-of-Next-Day-of-Week/td-p/1466540

This dynamically gets you the date of the next chosen day of the week. From there you’ll just need to add or concatenate the time you want.

Thanks @takolota that got me started! Much appreciated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,861)