cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbull
Frequent Visitor

Delay until project completion date

Hi, I am trying to create a flow using CDS (current environment) that performs an action to delay until the dynamic value "Project Completion Date" is met. I am having trouble with the expression (if that's what I am meant to be using). Any clues?

thanks

Julie

4 REPLIES 4
Jcook
Super User
Super User

Hello @jbull

Couple of questions.
How long will you be expecting your flow to delay for? The maximum time a flow will wait is 30 days before timing out.

What is the purpose of this delay? You might be better off creating a second flow that does a query daily to check if completion date.

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

jbull
Frequent Visitor

thanks @Jcook, we had the same thought! Just working out how to get one flow to start the other - getting closer.......:)

No problem @jbull

My suggestion would be to just have the second flow run daily.

If you really want to trigger the flow with another flow here is a great blog post:
http://www.benprins.net/2019/02/14/flow-start-a-flow-with-another-flow/

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

jbull
Frequent Visitor

thanks@Jcook we were unable to use a child flow so not able to use a scheduled flow to trigger. Starting my flow with a different trigger and reworking the flow seems to have worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (1,492)