cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yudistara
Level: Powered On

Delete Event - for an existing calendar invite

I have a SharePoint calendar(which is just a list) called - Calendar1. 

I have a FLOW called: "InviteFlow" which sends a calendar event to the event attendees when the event is approved. (the approval process is using SharePoint designer workflow)

Now I would like to send the cancellation of the same event when the item is marked for deletion from the Sharepoint calendar. For this, I created another flow called CancellatioFLow that is using Delete Event. But this doesn't seem to work. I am not sure how I can delete the same event that was already sent out to attendees using MS Flow. 

Any help/ideas are appreciated. Thank you.cancellation.jpgCancellatioFlow

Invitation.jpgInviteFLow

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Delete Event - for an existing calendar invite

Hi @Yudistara,

How many events created within your Outlook calendar when a new event is created within your SharePoint calendar list?

Could you please expand the "Create event (V2)" action within your "InviteFlow" flow?

Further, could you please show a bit more about the Marked For Deletion column in your SharePoint Calendar list? Is it a Custom column?

If you only want to create one Outlook event when a new event is created in your SharePoint calendar list, I think there is something wrong with your "InviteFlow" flow. Your "InviteFlow" flow would create an Outlook event for each attendee of the SharePoint Calendar event within your Outlook Calendar.

I assume that your SharePoint Calendar event has a unique Title, I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

Invite Flow:27.JPG

28.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:29.JPG

CancellationFlow:

I suppose that the Marked For Deletion column in your SharePoint Calendar list is a custom column. I have create a Marked For Deletion column which is a Choice type column in my SharePoint Calendar list. Please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a "When an item is created or modified" trigger, specify Site Address and Calendar list.
  • Add a Condition, left input box set to Marked For Deletion Value Dynamic content, right input box set to Yes, within middle drop down, choose is equal to.
  • Within "If/yes" branch of Condition, add a "Get events (V2)" action, specify Calendar Id, Filter Query field set to following formula:
Subject eq 'Title Dynamic content of the trigger'

Note: The Title Dynamic content is wrapped with single quotes within above formula.

Add a "Apply to each" action, input parameter set to output of "Get events (V2)" action. Within "Apply to each" action, add a "Delete event" action, specify Calendar Id and Id field set to Id dynamic content of the "Get events (V2)" action.

Image reference:30.JPG

31.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:32.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Yudistara,

How many events created within your Outlook calendar when a new event is created within your SharePoint calendar list?

Could you please expand the "Create event (V2)" action within your "InviteFlow" flow?

Further, could you please show a bit more about the Marked For Deletion column in your SharePoint Calendar list? Is it a Custom column?

If you only want to create one Outlook event when a new event is created in your SharePoint calendar list, I think there is something wrong with your "InviteFlow" flow. Your "InviteFlow" flow would create an Outlook event for each attendee of the SharePoint Calendar event within your Outlook Calendar.

I assume that your SharePoint Calendar event has a unique Title, I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

Invite Flow:27.JPG

28.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:29.JPG

CancellationFlow:

I suppose that the Marked For Deletion column in your SharePoint Calendar list is a custom column. I have create a Marked For Deletion column which is a Choice type column in my SharePoint Calendar list. Please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a "When an item is created or modified" trigger, specify Site Address and Calendar list.
  • Add a Condition, left input box set to Marked For Deletion Value Dynamic content, right input box set to Yes, within middle drop down, choose is equal to.
  • Within "If/yes" branch of Condition, add a "Get events (V2)" action, specify Calendar Id, Filter Query field set to following formula:
Subject eq 'Title Dynamic content of the trigger'

Note: The Title Dynamic content is wrapped with single quotes within above formula.

Add a "Apply to each" action, input parameter set to output of "Get events (V2)" action. Within "Apply to each" action, add a "Delete event" action, specify Calendar Id and Id field set to Id dynamic content of the "Get events (V2)" action.

Image reference:30.JPG

31.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:32.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Yudistara
Level: Powered On

HI @v-xida-msft, This is perfect. My InviteFlow didn't have any issues. The only piece I was missing is the Get Event (V2) prior to delete event.

Once i added the Get event (V2) and updated my CancellationFlow as you indicated, everything worked perfectly. 

BTW here are some answers to your questions. 

Yes, Marked for deletion is a custom column in my SharePoint calendar list.

Below is the screencap of my "Create event (V2)" for your reference Capture.PNG

Once again thank you for the support. I love this FLOW poweruser group.

Cheers!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,843)