cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Delete Items Older than X Days from Sharepoint List Created From Microsoft Forms?

I am trying to create a Power Automate flow to remove data older than 21 days from a Sharepoint List created from Microsoft Forms.

I have created a COVID-19 contact tracing List using Power Automate and to comply with  Data Protection I would like to delete data over 21 days.

I have a column named Date but don't know how to creat a simple work flow.

Can anyone help as this solution would help many users who have to collect details of visitors?

Many thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@Whisky1 

You missed lt (lowerThen) in the GetItems formula ... some please try: Date lt ...rest of formula.

Also, please take in consideration to use Created column (rather then Date column) of your sharepoint list (it's a Default column that store the datetime value when the item was created)  .

View solution in original post

Hi @gabibalaban ,

Brilliant thanks.  You sorted it no problem.

I now have it running daily to delete the information older than 21 days to comply with our GDPR.

Thanks a million.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Whisky1 ,

Here is my proosal ...

Capture.PNG

Hope it helps !

Hi @gabibalaban .

Thanks for your help which is getting me ever closer to my solution.

I'm getting a failure on:

Whisky1_0-1605098435146.png

Whisky1_1-1605098672462.png

I have checked the Date colums in my List which gets its information from a Microsoft Form from the Submission time.

Whisky1_3-1605099146692.png

Whisky1_2-1605098988752.png

Can you or anyone else see what the issue is?  I read somewhere that dates and times should be converted to UTC which might be the issue.

Once again @gabibalaban  many thanks.

@Whisky1 

You missed lt (lowerThen) in the GetItems formula ... some please try: Date lt ...rest of formula.

Also, please take in consideration to use Created column (rather then Date column) of your sharepoint list (it's a Default column that store the datetime value when the item was created)  .

Hi @gabibalaban ,

Brilliant thanks.  You sorted it no problem.

I now have it running daily to delete the information older than 21 days to comply with our GDPR.

Thanks a million.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (69,106)