Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarvinBier
Helper II
Helper II

Delete data from a process

Hello, I have the following problem.

I have two flows for a visitor registration:

In the first action,  there is a form which registrate the visitor data and store this in a sharepoint list and creates a message in a team.

The second action is for the approval, where you have a second form, there you type in the number of the registration and select release or reject. The flow writes a new message under the associated message and the registrator will receive a message. Now my problem. After a few weeks i have to delete the data because of the data protections. But if i delete the messages in the team and the items of the sharepoint list. The flow run with a mistake and after a time it will deactivate itself.

So how is the best way to delete the messages in the team, items of the sharepoint list and probably the data in the flow. That the result is every four weeks for example the data will be deleted and the flow will go on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi There!,

I am assuming that you want to delete after four weeks due to some reason. Create a column in SharePoint which store due date for each item and when item is created update value in this column.

Then you run a scheduler everyday and check if the date is is due today, if condition satisfies just delete as needed.

This should not fail and deactivate your flow.

Please let me know.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi There!,

I am assuming that you want to delete after four weeks due to some reason. Create a column in SharePoint which store due date for each item and when item is created update value in this column.

Then you run a scheduler everyday and check if the date is is due today, if condition satisfies just delete as needed.

This should not fail and deactivate your flow.

Please let me know.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,873)