cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Deleted and duplicate forms show in drop down menu for Form selection

I am having a really strange issue with Flow where we are trying to create a new flow, but in the Form dropdown menu to select a form there are duplicate names and long ago deleted forms still showing. This is causing the flows we create to do nothing because we are choosing from a list of dupicates or deleted Forms. For the deleted forms still showing up, I reindexed the site and competely emptied the recycle bin, but there they are still in the list of Forms int eh drop down selector.

So I went back to the forms list, and we have 5 forms. In the list, there are several more showing, one with several duplicate names (so if we select one, we are not sure which for it is selecting?) and many long ago deleted forms.

Is there someway to tell Flow to only see forms that exist or get rid of the duplicates in the drop down.

Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Hi @seismic, when you delete a form it doesn't completely delete it but moves it to the recycle bin. Flow is looking at both the live forms and those in the recycle bin. You can clear out your recycle bin in Forms by clicking on the trash can image in the bottom right of the screen and then hover over each of the forms in the recycle bin and click delete. It will prompt yout that you are permanently deleting the form. Once you've done that for all the forms in the recycle bin, if Flow is open, close it down and re-start it. You'll find only the live forms will now show in the dropdown. 

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

FormsRecycleBin.png

View solution in original post

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @seismic ,

The method provided by RobElliott is correct, not only need to move these forms to the Recycle bin, and also to delete it in the Recycle bin.

If this doesn't help you, you could also consider clicking Enter custom value and manually populating Forms Id, getting the Form id in the MS Forms portal, and then configuring the trigger.

Image reference:

10.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi @seismic, when you delete a form it doesn't completely delete it but moves it to the recycle bin. Flow is looking at both the live forms and those in the recycle bin. You can clear out your recycle bin in Forms by clicking on the trash can image in the bottom right of the screen and then hover over each of the forms in the recycle bin and click delete. It will prompt yout that you are permanently deleting the form. Once you've done that for all the forms in the recycle bin, if Flow is open, close it down and re-start it. You'll find only the live forms will now show in the dropdown. 

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

FormsRecycleBin.png

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @seismic ,

The method provided by RobElliott is correct, not only need to move these forms to the Recycle bin, and also to delete it in the Recycle bin.

If this doesn't help you, you could also consider clicking Enter custom value and manually populating Forms Id, getting the Form id in the MS Forms portal, and then configuring the trigger.

Image reference:

10.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (50,048)