cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fredrik_Olofsso
Frequent Visitor

Disable flow auto off after 60 days with no runs

Hi

Is there a way to turn off or disable that Power Automate turns off flows that not has run for 60 days?

Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 08.45.48.png

25 REPLIES 25
bmartindcs
Regular Visitor

We need a way to keep rare flows running. We use flows to set off alarms in the event of a rare situation that only takes place every few months at most but is critical that we catch and action immediately.

We need a button in the body of the "idle email" to extend it 3 months or something, or ideally have a checkbox or something in the flow itself to mark it as a rare event so it does not get auto-killed for not running lately. 

wwibbens
Regular Visitor

This needs to be resolved. Please vote for a retraction/solution on Power Automate User Voice: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Stop-turning-off-infrequently-used-Flows/id...

icefang
Regular Visitor

I also face this problem for a long time, and recently found there's a new flow action could solve this issue.

You could make a try; it's easy to make it works!

1. Create a scheduled flow and set the frequency you want, such as every Sunday.

2. Search "Turn On Flow" action

icefang_0-1629871887035.png

3. Select environment and the flow you want to turn on automatically

icefang_1-1629872022827.png

You could also add a parallel branch and copy above action if there are multiple flows you need to deal with

icefang_2-1629872073478.png

Or the method in this post: 

Turn on Power Automate Flow Automatically - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Emily46
Frequent Visitor

Thx for sharing. This helps for a few of my stopped flows.

You don't need a parallel branch if you have a marker in the name of your flows, like activ or prod or something like that if you use the method in the link you've given to the post of DeepakS . I've tried this and it works fine. But only for YOUR flows. If you share your flow, you cannot get this items backk from this turn on connection. 

Any update on this?  I have a Flow that needs to run only twice a year.  Considering this is a paid license that is being used, a company should have control over their running workflows.  Microsoft should not be managing this.

gdabate
Advocate I
Advocate I

This is a disaster!  We do all of our staff HR forms / assessments using Power Automate (Flow) to log the results to a SQL database.  Most are run annually and it is absurd to introduce a "feature" to automatically disable a flow if it is not triggered for 60 days.  Clearly not well though out by the Microsoft engineers or they have no clue how their products are utilized by the paying community.  At the very least, there needs to be an ability to turn off the auto-disable feature on a Power Automate (Flow).  I concur with the many other comments in this thread...what were they thinking?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (1,560)